Our mission is to provide the children of St. Mary School with a strong academic foundation in an environment of Christ-centered love, while providing them with a strong spiritual and academic foundation rooted in the Catholic tradition.
Living out our mission enables our students to engage others in the world in a way that promotes peace and justice with respect for the human person and the common good.
Our school is a vital and valued ministry within the evangelizing mission of St. Mary Parish of Riverside and its neighboring suburbs, and of the global Catholic community. Believing that each student is a child of God, St. Mary School challenges each to achieve academic excellence, to embrace the gospel message, and to make a difference in the world through Christian witness, service, and leadership.
- Grounded in the gospel values and teachings of the Catholic Church, we, the faculty and staff of St. Mary School, commit ourselves to:
- Support families in developing in their children a firm foundation of moral values and a belief in God;
- Foster in our students a sense of personal responsibility, self-sufficiency, and concern for others while discovering in themselves their individual giftedness;
- Provide quality instruction that promotes academic excellence by challenging students to think critically, solve problems creatively, communicate effectively through the integration of current technology, as well as through spoken and written word;
- Promote a safe, nurturing environment that facilitates emotional, social, and intellectual growth;
- Witness to interpersonal relationships based upon human dignity, mutual respect, love, concern and service;
- Establish a school climate in which peace, justice and environmental issues can be understood in personal as well as global terms.
- This commitment will continue to challenge each of us, as Christian educators, to develop and act from a global perspective, enrich our own academic life, deepen and share our faith-life, while calling ourselves and others to recognize and fulfill the uniqueness of our gifts.
Why Choose Catholic Education?
- Individual attention
- Parental involvement
- Academic quality
- Balanced curriculum
- Religious and moral education