Promises & Expectations
Welcome! We are pleased you want to join our church community.
When you join a parish, you enter into a covenant relationship. This relationship depends on the good faith of each party and is expressed in the rights and the responsibilities of the members.
St. Mary Parish promises to be faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church by:
- Proclaiming and teaching God's Word
- Celebrating the Sacraments with reverence
- Respecting all people
- Providing pastoral care for the Chirstian faithful
St. Mary expects our members to be active in the practice of their faith by:
- Participating at Mass on all Sundays and Holy Days of obligation
- Imparting the faith to our children at home and through regular attendance at the school or the Religious Education program
- Contributing a just amount to the financial support of the parish and universal church through use of parish envelopes or automatic monthly giving
- Contributing time and talent in parish activites and service to the wider community
Our obligations are spiritual, formational, financial and social and each one is vital to the functioning of the Body of Christ.