The Council of Catholic Women (CCW) acts through its members to support, empower, and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership, and service.
The Council of Catholic Women was founded on Feb. 12, 1931 with a mission to educate women through:
- Charity – kindness and giving to build every woman
- Religion – to demonstrate the loving power of God
- Education – develop the minds
- Welfare – for good health, happiness, and a better world
Nearly 90 years later, this organization continues to remain strong under the guidance of Our Lady of Good Counsel, touching the lives of women around the world and giving to the Catholic women a common voice and an instrument for unified action in matters affecting Catholic or community welfare.
The objectives of St. Mary CCW are:
- To provide a forum wherein all the women of St. Mary Parish may support and care for each other as fellow parishioners and Christian friends.
- To provide a forum wherein all the women of St. Mary Parish may take an active role in all of the volunteer dimensions of parish community life.
- To provide a forum wherein all the women of St. Mary Parish may participate in the Vicariate IV and Archdiocesan CCW activities of the Council of Catholic Women.
- To promote worship of Our Lord Jesus Christ, through devotion to Our Lady of Good Counsel
With open arms we welcome all women of St. Mary Parish!