Please call the Parish Office at 708-447-1020 regarding scheduling a Baptism.
Sacrament of Baptism for Infants
“Catholic parents preparing for the baptism of their infant are expected to participate in a process of sacramental preparation before the baptism of their child.
Godparents may also be encouraged to participate.”
—Archdiocesan Policy 101.3.1
Baptisms are celebrated at 1:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
Baptism at a Sunday Liturgy is possible according to the Parish Schedule.
Baptismal Preparation is for parents who would like to baptize their child at St. Mary.
The following policies apply to all infants up to three years old*.
These policies apply to all couples (regardless of the number of children previously baptized):
- Please call the rectory at 708-447-1020 to request baptism for your infant.
- Our Pastoral Associate, Matthew Brophy, will arrange a time to meet with both parents.
- At the preparation session an interview will take place. The purpose of this interview is to provide added catechesis for the couple and provide an opportunity to encourage parents to complete their own initiation into full membership with the church, if desired.
- At the end of the session, parents will need to complete the baptismal form with all necessary information for the baptism.
- Baptismal formation sessions are held on Friday evenings or Sunday mornings and will be approximately 90 minutes in duration.
Parents that have attended baptismal preparation within the last year at another parish and who provide proof of attendance need not attend this preparation session.
The schedule of baptismal dates and preparation dates will be available to you at the initial meeting with Matthew Brophy.
*Children who are 3, 4 and 5 years old are to be catechized according to arrangements made by the minister during the first session, e.g. RCIC, Family group, etc.
There is a suggested donation of $125 to St. Mary for the baptism.
If you have any additional questions please contact Matthew Brophy, Pastoral Associate at 708-853-1420.